A large artistic value is made by a western portal, which is decorated by two wall pillars and is completed by the fronton, the main part of which is decorated with the composition of the« Assumption of Our Lady is fretted in a stone». The north portal is decorated with the fretted stone brackets and completed with a three-cornered fronton of the main part of the building in the frame there is placed an emblem of the restored church – episcopal coat of arms with the letters of the leaders of the restorating works I.Sh.E.L.J.K.- А.V, which are decrypted as Yosyf Shumlyansky, a bishop of Halych, L’viv, Kamyanets'-Podil'sky in 1702. It is interesting to know that during the renewal of the temple the bishop Yosyf Shumlyansky found the marble slab over the tomb of the glorious ancestor, the founder of the Dormition church. It was set in 1991, near a central entrance to the sacred temple. On the white slab is engraved: “Here is burried Yosyf Shumlyansky on large and small Shumlyany mister, the founder, of the main Halych Cathedral, who lived 85 yers and was sanctifired during the ruling of Zigmund August, the king of Poland AFLE”.
On the squares of white marble slabs, with which the walls of church are built of, numerous of lapidaries inscriptions are scratched out on the stones. Most of them are devoted to the ХІІ-ХІІІ-ths centuries. It testifires that, exactly, these blocks are the tailings of the remnants of the Assumption cathedral. In time of the completion of building at the end of the XVI-th century the church was four columns and threenaven building by a size 25,8x13,4 metres of size with three half-round apses and rectangular dome of the half closing in the west.
As it is known from writing sources, the dome of the church tested considerable damages in the first half of the XVIII-th century (possibly, but for an earthquake). During the years of the First world war after the artillery bombardment traditional completion of one dome and four columns temple felt down and a roof was substituted by a four sloped roof, covered with metal, completed by the signatures. The church stood to 2001 year, then its restoration began, after that a sacred object became as in 1914. It is interesting to know, that in the process of the restoration of the church the foundations of posts which propped up its dome building were dug out. It gave the rich archaeological material. There were found many parts of the Assumption Cathedral wall constructions of the XII-th century, elements of the stone decoration of the temple and the fresco painting, which presently complete imagination of researchers about original appearance and the internal decorating of Assumption Cathedral.
The Dormition church is restored and shines in the sunshine by the gilded crosses. Its wonderful decoration is an iconostasis which was executed by the prominent master of the Ukrainian painting at the beginning of the XX-th century Anton Manastirsky, and also Krylos Miraculous Icon of Divine Mother. It is the original monument of the ancient Halycian stone plastic art of the XII-th century cut out in the north wall of the half closing of the church of representing a fairy-tale creature – the winged serpent-griffin.