The prominent historian, one of the researchers of ancient Halych A. Petrushevych considered, that there on the Castle Hill in Halych an annalistic hail stood with the palace of prince of Volodymyrko and the court of the church of the Saviour. The opening of the foundations of the Assumption cathedral in Krylos in 1937 cleared up the thing researchers proved, that in the place of modern Halych there was an auction pier in princely times, and on the Castle Hill in Halych there was the fortification building of defensive value. We know presently, that it was one of the oldest and the strongest fortification of Halychyna.
In the war-time in 1655 the church and the buildings of the monastery were blasted and emptied. The founder of the renewal of a new sacred object was the statesman Gondorf. However he had no much facilities and only in 1717 the colonel Yaroslav Haletsky began the building of a stone church. After the death of the colonel in 1720 the work was prolonged by his widow Teresa of the Kashnitsky’s family.
Nobody of researchers was lucky enough to set the date of the constructions of the church, although scientific searches lasted over two hundred years. The most reliable is, that the stone church of the Nativity was built in the XIV-th century. In 1936 Yaroslav Pasternak found the foundations of the annalistic Assumption cathedral in Krylos. This huge very beautiful temple was considered to be the princely Cathedral.
One of the researchers of the Halychyna temples Yuriy Lookomsky asserts that the composition of the church of the Nativity had a cruciform plan, there was a three domes church with a traditional entrance westerly. Later the church, was finished in the western part north and south. An annex was built very closely to the church of the Honest Cross. Neighbourhood with a monastery complicated a ceremonial round the temple, inherent as the Byzantine ceremonial. As a result the annex of the western wall became unwalked, and from the north and the south sides two doors were made.
At the Altar Gospel which was presented to the temple by the bishop Yosyf Shumlyansky in 1679, there is a record about the terrible Turkish-Tatar attacking of Halych in 1676 Actually the church was robbed then, many habitants of Krylos were killed and taken in a captivity. The building of the church and strengthening around it were damaged. In 1699 the works of the restorating with proceeding of a sacred object began. It was rebuilt with white stones in style of the Renaissance in 1702. The Ruler Yosyf Shumlyansky not only restored the church, but built the strengthening of defensives around it, made the walls of bricks, angular towers and the entrance gate.
Inspecting the church of St. Panteleymon in 1909, J. Pelensky found numerous inscriptions of the XIII-XVII-th centuries on its facades one of the most interesting belongs to the XIII-th century and specifies the time of construction of sight. This inscription is contained on the south facade of the church, near the third wall pier on the height of 1,50 ì. above earth. The text of the inscription consists of 8 lines, scratched out on a stone plate with the help of the sharp object. Deciphering it, a researcher came to a conclusion, that the founder of the temple was Halych-Volyn’ possessor Roman Mstyslavovych, who named it Panteleymon in honour of his grandfather - Kievan prince Izyaslav, whose christian name was Panteleymon, built this church.