The oldest museum of Halych is the Museum of history of ancient Halych. It is in Mitropolian chambers, the sight of architecture of the XVIII-th century item. The idea of its creation belongs to the discoverer of Halych - the professor of L’viv university, the doctor of archaeology Yaroslav Pasternak and metropolite Andrey Sheptytsky, who had been already very ill expressed the wish to create a preserve museum near the foundations of the annalistic Assumption of Our Lady cathedral. The dream of the ruler of UGCC executed Yaroslav Pasternak in 1938. He gathered and collected for the bride-shows the most interesting and most original finds from the excavations in Krylos in the temple of St. Vasyliy. So, the temple of St. Vasyliy became the first museum in the place of princely Halych.